Canton Liberty Festival To Offer An Incredible Variety Of Free Entertainment
Canton, MI – May 29, 2012 - Anticipation is building as Canton’s Liberty Festival returns to Heritage Park Thursday, June 14 – Saturday, June 16 with two stages of live entertainment offering something for everyone.
During Canton’s 21st annual Liberty Fest, guests can enjoy the following entertainment at no cost:
- Fifty Amp Fuse, a nationally-known, Detroit-based band that has covered a wide variety of acts including Queen, Led Zeppelin, Guns and Roses, Gloria Gaynor, and, even Michigan rapper Eminem. Help welcome Fifty Amp Fuse to the Canton LIVE! Stage at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 14.
- Deep Fried Pickle Project, a kid’s honky-tonk and jug group featured on PBS and Bravo. Join this "magical musical gypsy medicine wagon inspired experience" at the Canton LIVE! Stage at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, June 15.
- Dymond Harding, a 15-year-old Michigan native and new recording artist. She’s bringing her Selena, Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey-influenced tracks to the Canton LIVE! Stage at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, June 15.
- Earth Angels, a non-profit group of local eight to 18-year-olds lip-synching and dancing highly choreographed routines to the Oldies. Head over to the Heritage Park Amphitheater at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, June 15.
- Annabelle Road, blending the country of Carrie Underwood, Johnny Cash and Lynyrd Skynyrd with an urban Detroit sound on the Canton LIVE! Stage at 8 p.m. on Friday, June 15.
- Big Will & the 360 Degrees Band, considered among Detroit’s best event bands. Enjoy their covers of Michael Jackson, Santana, Black Eyed Peas, and Kings of Leon on the Canton LIVE! Stage at 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 16.
- Shout! A Fantastic Tribute to the Fab Four!, performing songs from the Beatles’ first United States releases like "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and "Twist and Shout," as well as an ensemble of eclectic tunes like "Penny Lane" and "Hey Jude." Swing by the Heritage Park Amphitheater at 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 16 and catch these talented performers with costumes, vintage guitars, and sound-a-like vocals.
- The International Festival, spotlighting Canton’s diversity at the Canton LIVE! Stage from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 16, is presented by the Canton Commission for Culture, Arts & Heritage’s Multicultural Committee. Acts include Verdi Opera Theater of Michigan, with baritone Pette Moore and soprano Sonja Srinivasan; Rishabh Iyer, sitar player; O’Hare School of Irish Dance; Harmony Town Barbershop Chorus; Triple Threat Dance & Theatre Company; Hoaloha in Michigan; New Hope Church Youth Mime, Praise Dancers, and Steppers; Bollywood and Indian folk dance; and Bulgarian folk dance; the Yangtze Melody Group, from Plymouth-Canton Chinese Learning Center; songs of Spain; and skits by the Healthy Asian Americans Project.
Heritage Park is located adjacent to the Canton Administration Building, west of Canton Center Road between Cherry Hill Road and Summit Parkway. For additional information on all of these exciting acts, please visit CantonLibertyFest.com or call the Summit on the Park Front Desk at 734/394-5460.
MEDIA CONTACT: Jennifer Provenzano, Recreation Specialist – 734/394-5497